The MSF Basic RiderCourse is designed for novice riders. This course takes place over 2-3 days with a class of up to 12 students. 5 hours of classroom instruction prepares you for 10 hours of practical riding exercises in a controlled off-street environment. Students must also complete a 3 hour MSF Basic eCourse before attending the in-person classroom instruction. The eCourse provides online learning activities to help a new or returning rider acquire or review basic information about riding. Successful completion of the course requires complete attendance and passing of both knowledge and skill tests. Passing students will receive a completion card which waives the road test with DMV & may also lead to an insurance discount. You need a valid Drivers License to take this course. You do not need to have your motorcycle permit to participate in this course, however once you complete the course DMV will require that you obtain it before they will add the motorcycle endorsement to your Drivers License.
- Course Waives DMV Road test
- Takes place over 2 – 3 days
- 3-hour e-Course as a prerequisite
- 5 Hours of activities in the classroom, followed by a written test
- 10 hours of riding practice, followed by a skill test
- Training motorcycles and helmets are provided
MSF BRC2-LW for Experienced Riders ONLY
THIS COURSE IS FOR EXPERIENCED RIDERS ONLY – 18 years old & up!
You Must have a valid Drivers License & motorcyle permit to participate. You must bring your own motorcycle/ scooter to participate.
This course is an 8-hour course that contains a unique online classroom segment as a prerequisite and also offers a variety of practice riding exercises designed to develop your riding skills on your own motorcycle further. The riding exercises conclude with a skills test. For a participant to earn their NYSMSP BRC2-LW License Waiver Completion Card, they must successfully complete the eCourse (online) and the skills evaluation on the range. It is designed for individuals that already have street riding experience.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN MOTORCYCLE /SCOOTER TO PARTIPCATE IN THIS COURSE!
- 5 hours training on YOUR bike
- 3-hour eCourse as a prerequisite
- Course waives DMV Road Test
- Must have motorcycle permit & recent street riding experience
BRC2 Skills Practice
- One half day course
- Use your motorcycle and helmet
- Possible Insurance discount
- Passengers permitted with a licensed operator
Ultimate Bike Bonding
- 5 Hours of training
- Improve low speed handling
- Use your own motorcycle and helmet
- May lead to insurance discount